Introduction to Allergens
It is important that anyone working in the food industry is aware of allergens and the steps that should be taken to effectively manage and control the risk of allergens.
This food allergy awareness training course is designed to provide food handlers, or those with responsibility for managing food handlers, with an awareness around the controls and legal responsibilities when it comes to the 14 regulated allergens.
- Introduction to food allergens
- Allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- Symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
- Allergens legislation
- Food labelling requirements
- The 14 regulated allergens
- ‘Free from’ claims
- Managing allergens from purchase to service
- Providing allergen information to customers