Develop the skills need to assist with mental health issues in the workplace Mental health is now firmly on the agenda for most workplaces when it comes to looking after their staff, with a growing awareness of its impact on individuals and businesses.
The Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health (RQF) has been developed to allow learners to become a first aider for mental health in their workplace. This means they will be able to provide basic mental health support or to be the first response to someone in need.
Although the qualification will not allow learners to become clinically qualified to assess, diagnose or treat mental ill health, they will have an understanding of the principles of first aid for mental health and know the basic tools to listen to individuals who require first response support for their mental health.
- Underpinning knowledge and understanding in relation to the principles of first aid for mental health
- Recognising mental ill health in self and others
- Supporting mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Understanding how to promote a wellness culture in the workplace
- The importance of resilience and self-care for first aiders for mental health